Episodes queue automatically despite disabling the setting

• I’ve been using Pocket Casts for a long time (~2016), and I’ve recently noticed an issue with auto-queueing podcasts. I disabled auto-queueing new episodes of certain podcasts (Planet Money, Econtalk, and Freakonomics), but for some reason new episodes still automatically get added to my queue. This issue does not affect all podcasts—only the 3 I’ve mentioned, which I’ve been subscribed to continuously since ~2016. I’ve checked the settings of these podcasts, and I have explicitly disabled auto-queueing (see image below of my settings for EconTalk specifically). Let me know what I can do to debug/fix this.

• Hi, @sghod1212! Have you ever used Pocket Casts on another device? That would include our speaker integrations with Sonos or Alexa.

The reason I ask is that, while user settings like the “Auto add to Up Next” ones don’t sync to your account, your Up Next queue does. So, it’s worth checking if another device might be adding the episodes to your Up Next queue.

We also missed the image you meant to include in your first message, but feel free to add it to your reply here! A screenshot of Profile > Settings (gear icon) > Auto add to Up Next would also be helpful.

• Thanks! I believe that was the issue. I have Pocket Casts installed on multiple devices (but 99% use it on my iPhone), and I hadn’t realized the settings didn’t sync. I updated the settings on my other devices, and I think the issue is resolved. Thanks again!

• Wonderful! Thanks for the update, @sghod1212 :)

We’ll go ahead and mark this as resolved, but feel free to reach out if anything else comes up!

• Yeah. The issue isn’t resolved though, is it.

I only use pocket casts on my phone. I’ve disabled “Auto add to Up Next” on all podcasts.

And, still, if my Up Next Queue becomes empty, then a random old episode gets queued.

It is unacceptable, and incredibly annoying.

Please re-investigate this issue, and fix it.

Many thanks for an otherwise very good podcast app.

• Aah. I discovered there is another Autoplay setting, unrelated to the “Auto add to up Next” setting. I’ve now disabled Autoplay, so i think that should fix my issue.

Soz for being a grumpy ol’ bugger but hey, that’s wat i am i guess.

•  I discovered there is another Autoplay setting, unrelated to the “Auto add to up Next” setting. I’ve now disabled Autoplay, so i think that should fix my issue.

Sorry for the confusion there. We’ll see if we can find a way to make that clearer.

Reply to Episodes queue automatically despite disabling the setting