Unplayed, downloaded episodes automatically moving to archive

• Hello! Apologies if there’s an answer for this somewhere but nothing came up during a search. The below is in reference to Pocket Casts running on iOS:

For a particular podcast I have it set to auto-download new episodes, and I have the Auto Archive set to “Custom,” then “Never” for Played and Inactive Episodes, as well as “No Limit” for he number of episodes. I have about 10 episodes downloaded, but I find that for no apparent reason, some of them will move into the archive. It’s almost always one or two of the older ones, though I can’t seem to find a pattern. I then have to go into the archived episodes and re-download it.

Am I doing something wrong? Seems to me that once I’ve downloaded it, it should remain indefinitely, until I decide to delete it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• I find that for no apparent reason, some of them will move into the archive. It’s almost always one or two of the older ones, though I can’t seem to find a pattern. I then have to go into the archived episodes and re-download it.

I wonder here if you can double check the settings both at Profile> Settings> Auto archive and at Podcast> Settings>Auto archive. There are unique settings in both places that could be causing unexpected results for you.

Let me know what you see there and we can investigate further together. It would also be nice to know the title of the particular podcast this is happening for so I can try to reproduce the trouble myself to best investigate.

• Thanks for the reply!

Under Profile> Settings> Auto archive the settings are: Played Episodes: After Playing. Inactive Episodes: Never.

Under Podcast> Settings>Auto archive the settings are: Played Episodes: Never. Inactive Episodes: Never. Episode Limit: No Limit.

The particular podcast in question is titled AV RANT.

It’s behaving for the past week, but thanks in advance for any legwork you put into checking it out.

• I have the same problem since a few days. Every few podcasts, the app archives and marks the podcast as played without actually playing it. My automatic archive settings are as follows: played episodes – after playback, inactive episodes – never. The automatic archive settings for individual podcasts are turned off. I hope this bug gets fixed soon because it’s an annoying issue, especially when listening to many short podcasts in a row, making the bug occur quite frequently.

• Thanks for confirming that this isn’t isolated to just me. Hopefully it’ll be fixed at some point, but at least I know it’s nothing I’m doing wrong.

• Thank you both @videojanitor and @9nm7qrpr2z for sharing more details with us. Our team is investigating!

Reply to Unplayed, downloaded episodes automatically moving to archive